Food-related television shows are some of the most popular shows in America today. TV buffs can learn a lot by watching professional chefs hustle and bustle through the kitchen, whipping up culinary delights out of random ingredients. The good news is that you don’t have to be a professional chef to cook like one at home. A well-designed kitchen with professional grade appliances is the key. Here are some tips to keep in mind when designing your professional grade kitchen at home.
- Size Doesn’t Matter: Even a compact kitchen can have what it takes to create a culinary masterpiece. Most people like a big kitchen with a lot of space, but if you’re crunched for space, a small kitchen can be designed and organized to fit within the parameters of a professional kitchen.
- Ample Counter Space: Countertop space is an absolute must for preparing large meals or practicing your professional cooking abilities. You can also place a cutting board over the sink or install a mobile kitchen island for additional counter space.
- Plenty of Sink Space: Extra sink space is always nice when you’re trying new recipes or using very large bowls, pots, and pans. The additional space allows you to more easily put things out of the way when you’re busy.
- You Don’t Have to Have it All: Buy appliances you use on a regular basis instead of appliances that are trending right now. Stick to the tried and true appliance choices instead of making yourself crazy trying to have everything.
- Organization: Create a spot for everything and make sure that everything goes back into its spot when you’re finished. Organization is the key to a successful professional grade kitchen regardless of the size of the room itself.
- Consider a Butler’s Pantry: A butler’s pantry was originally designed as a staging area where the butler could make sure that everything looked just right before it was served to the occupants of the dining room table. Today’s homeowners prefer to use it as an area to store small appliances or as the messy room where the blender and mixer can be used without worry that food will splatter all over the kitchen. It’s much easier to clean up a small prep area than it is to clean the entire kitchen.
SEI Construction has been providing very high quality kitchen remodeling services for more than 20 years in central New Jersey. Our goal is to make you feel like your address is truly the finest address in town because every space can be amazing. Give us a call at 908-789-9151 if you’re planning a remodeling project in central Jersey for 2016. We will remind you why you once loved your home and help you fall in love with it all over again.